Announced earlier on Today - the new PSP2 codenamed NGP. Kotaku has all the nitty gritty that you need - this post has the photos and everything else is tagged NGP.
The specs from Kotaku.
* CPU: ARM® Cortex™-A9 core (4 core)
* GPU: SGX543MP4+
* External Dimensions: Approx. 182.0 x 18.6 x 83.5mm (width x height x depth) (tentative, excludes largest projection)
* Rear touch pad: Multi touch pad (capacitive type)
* Cameras: Front camera, Rear camera
* Sound: Built-in stereo speakers, Built-in microphone
* Sensors: Six-axis motion sensing system (three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer), Three-axis electronic compass
* Location: Built-in GPS, Wi-Fi location service support
* Keys / Switches: PS button, Power button, Directional buttons (Up/Down/Right/Left), Action buttons (Triangle, Circle, Cross, Square), Shoulder buttons (Right/Left), Right stick, Left stick, START button, SELECT button, Volume buttons
* Wireless communications: Mobile network connectivity (3G), IEEE 802.11b/g/n (n = 1x1)(Wi-Fi) (Infrastructure mode/Ad-hoc mode), Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR （A2DP/AVRCP/HSP）
And some footage from the press conference below.
I just got my PSP and think its a fab machine. A few things happened that prompted me to get one - The 3rd Birthday, Monster Hunter 3 and also because my clients are releasing PSP games so part of my job now requires me to game more often ^^;
Looking forward to the NGP but may wait until the second generation? Many of the Sony first generation machines seem to come with "extras" ^^;