Rail Wars [レール・ウォーズ ] is an upcoming anime adapted from the light novel by author Toyoda Takumi [豊田 巧]. It will be directed by Sueda Yoshifumi [末田 宜史] in his first TV anime director role, and animation production will be handled by Passione [パッショーネ] (Haitai Nanafa).
Rail Wars is scheduled to begin airing July 3, 2014 at 25:46 on TBS.
Rail Wars takes place in a world where Japan’s national railways were never privatized. High schooler Takayama Naoto’s dream job is to become a driver for Japanese National Railways. He begins on the job training with three other high schoolers as part of the Tokyo Central Railway Public Safety Department’s Fourth Security Force, also known as Keiyon [警四].
- Takayama Naoto [高山直人] voiced by Fukuyama Jun [福山 潤]
- Sakurai Aoi [桜井あおい] voiced by Numakura Manami [沼倉 愛美]
- Koumi Haruka [小海はるか] voiced by Uchida Maaya [内田 真礼]
- Iwaizumi Shou [岩泉 翔] voiced by Hino Satoshi [日野 聡]
- Sasshou Mari [札沼まり] voiced by Igarashi Hitomi [五十嵐 裕美]
- Gonou Hitomi [五能 瞳] voiced by Nakahara Mai [中原 麻衣]
- Iida Nana [飯田 奈々] voiced by Horie Yui [堀江 由衣]
Read more about the characters on the official character page.
If the above videos were eaten, try this Youtube search query.
The opening theme will be Mukaikaze ni Utarenagara [向かい風に打たれながら] performed by Chihara Minori [茅原実里], which will be available July 23. The ending theme will be OVERDRIVER performed by ZAQ, and will on sale August 20.