CJ Night Singapore Registrations Open
Update 3 - Kenji Kamiyama (Director Eden of the East, Ghost in the Shell SAC, Jinroh, 009 Re:Cyborg) will be joining us!
Update with schedule for the night.
3:30 Fukuoka Toshihiro talks about his Hatsune Miku Project
4:30 Production IG talks about 009 RE:CYBORG and Ghost in the Shell
5:30 Good Smile Company and Nitroplus Talk Show
6:30 Mr Brown x Danny Choo talk show
8:00 Closing comments by Danny Choo
Update 2 - folks form King Records are attending but not speaking - feel free to chat with them!
Culture Japan Night is the only event where *you* can network with the anime industry and the next one will be in Singapore November 12th!
Venue: Kallang Theatre, Orchid Room
Address: 1 Stadium Walk, Singapore 397688
Nearest Starport: STADIUM, Circle Line
Event Date: 12 November 2012 (Monday)
Event Time: 1500 ~ 2030
Entrance Fee: 10 SGD
Register Attendance here.
- Good Smile Company will be joining and setting up a figure display just for us - but whats so special is that the figures wont be surrounded in cases - meaning that you can get better photos while networking with GSC at the same time - they are also due to give a talk show too.
- The boss of Nitroplus (Fate/Zero, Steins Gate, Psycho Pass) Kosaka-san will be there too with a few surprises for us.
- Fukuoka Toshihiro of Ascii Media Works (Toradora, Railgun, Oreimo) will be there to talk about and show us developments in the latest Hatsune Miku project that we are working on to bring to the world.
- Popular Doujin circle Collateral Damage Studios will be there to showcase some of their latest work.
- Yukino Fujiwara will also be there with a huge doll display - feel free to bring your sons n daughters to join in!
- Asia's most popular blogger Mr Brown will be there to give a talk.
- Production IG will be joining to give a talk about their latest title 009 RE:CYBORG and the Singapore screening of Ghost in the Shell SAC.
- Official Moekana Tournaments will take place too!
If you would like to be part of all these shenanigans then all you have to do is register your attendance using this form. Just like last time, we need to charge 10 SGD at the door but this time you dont get food or water! Why and how can this be good?!
Well I need to pay for the venue space (they are even charging me per chair and table Singapore style!) but to make up for it this time round we have much more contents and opportunities for you to network with the Japanese anime industry - not something that happens often.
But before you network - you need a business card! Remember - all I do is provide the opportunity - the rest is up to you.
Whether you are a blogger and are looking for new partners to collaborate with - or skilled in Japanese language, graphical or creative skills and looking for new employment /part time opportunities - CJ Night is the place for you to be and the anime industry is always looking for strong partners around the world to help them - I alone cant them all so it makes sense for me to provide a venue so that they can meet you - and you meet them.
Partnerships are a win x win situation - you cant just go up to somebody and ask for advertising cash or a job - you have to be able to give something in return and you must be able to demonstrate what you can do. Bring a print out of your blog and share visitor stats, bring along a sample of your work. Something tangible or visual that you can show is much more effective then just words. A tablet device (or a phone with a large screen) with your work on it is fine too!
By the way - I hired somebody full time who I met at a previous CJ Night Singapore - he was following me around with a laptop showing me his work ^^; Will talk more about him later.
If you are not interested in networking and just want to have a good time with comrades then thats fine too! Does not matter if you are an employee, student or NEET - come and join the fun.
Just a few notes:-
- I will sign a handful of things and can have photos with a some folks but would rather you mix with fellow comrades instead of waiting in a line to speak to me >< I also need to attend to the guests and MC all the talk shows.
- Cosplay is welcome - toilets are provided and you can change in there.
- As with last time, undercover police will be in the room to make sure that we have a safe an enjoyable time.
- There will be a lot of people at the event - please keep an eye on your belongings. I cant accept responsibility when you loose your wallet that contains 2.5 million SGD.
- There is no food! But you can bring your own - just no durians please. Alternatively you can regurgitate like a cow and nom nom on last nights Poh Piah.
- You will be given a pass to get into the venue - which you can use to leave and get back in. There are some restaurants nearby I hear so if you want to go and grab a bite to eat then you can.
- The venue can probably fit about 500 so I'm going to lock down the registration form if/when we reach 500.
- The first talk show is Hatsune Miku by Ascii Media Works - if you want to see it then come at the beginning or you will miss it.
- Feel free to film the talk shows and take photos - if you do upload then add tag #CJNight
- You are free to talk to any of the industry guests - introduce yourself to them as I cant go round doing it for you.
- If you have any dolly sons or daughters then bring them along!
The rest of these photos from last years CJ Night Singapore!
See you soooooon!