Desk Diary 2010/08/22
Tis been 2 months since the last Desk Diary update ^^; A load has happened since then including:-
- Production and airing of the English version of Culture:Japan on Animax Asia.
- Trip to LA for Anime Expo.
- More planning and production for Mirai Figma, new line of doll production, AFA 2010, Hong Kong October trip.
- Started teaching at Digital Hollywood University.
- Done a load of filming for Kira Kira > http://asianbeat.com/special/kirakira-asia/ja/
- Working on Mirai-chan's theme song with a Japanese group.
- Working with a major Japanese production house on Mirai-chans first game appearance. Need to decide on a voice actress - who do you recommend?
- Covered the Wonder Festival Summer.
- Wheeling's n dealings with Bushi Road, Hobby Japan, Nitro Plus, Hobby Search - will write up stuff soon.
- Culture:Japan full season get. Will start from October 2nd-ish through December 25th-ish to be broadcast on Tokyo MX TV, Animax Asia and then torrent+YouTube a few weeks after the terrestrial broadcasts. We've actually got the second season planned but as with most TV shows - depends on how the sponsor hunting goes.
- Launched Chinese version of the site. I usually write and publish English and Japanese at the same time and then get round to Chinese in between breaks ^^; The previous poll I took, most of you said that you wanted Traditional Chinese but that was a while ago - what is your preference now?
Finally upgraded to Snow Leopard as I kept encountering quirks with some of the software that I'm using/wanted to use. Total Finder for example is a Snow Leopard only app which gives Finder tabs. Still think Windows Explorer is a far superior file handler over Finder.
Done a complete clean install and started with a fresh home directory that I had been using since I became a Mac user back in 2005.
While installing on the 17" MBP, I can continue work on the Mac Book Air as I have all my data on the 1TB external USB drive. The machines only contain the bare bones that I need to get on with stuff. The 1TB drive is then synced daily to another backup drive.
When I was a Windows user, I pointed my desktop and other folders to an external drive. This meant that when Windows got clogged up again, I could restore from an image that I took of the OS and start off fresh again. Taken a similar approach with the Macs to separate the OS and data.
Whats Windows like these days? Dose it still become slow after using it for a while or did they manage to fix all that? I still use Windows XP for QA and testing out Windows only games.
How often do you re-install or restore your OS from a clone?
As for the Tokyo MX towel on the table - in the Summer I usually have a small towel on the table as yukky sweat tends to gunk up the glass - arms rest on the towel to prevent this.
Tried to have a different layout on the table but everything seemed to be clumped up in the middle which I wasn't too keen on.
Not much change to the office apart from a few poster and figure changes.
One thing I did want to ask was how are you finding the loading times of posts - especially the long ones with 80 or so images. I have asked before but we've added quite a bit to the detail page code since then. If the site is taking forever to load you can always try the iPhone version.
As usual me got a load of posts to catch up on so will leave you to wander around the office.