A Week in Tokyo 23
Particularly busy in Tokyo this week. Major milestone completions, Portal redesign launch and filming - an extremely fulfilling week. Next week will be filled with external meetings, Chara Hobby, server migrations to be followed the following week by more major TV network filming and if all goes well the launch of one of my clients English websites.
Cant mention which news network carried out the filming but will announce once its on air - you will be able to see it online. Here you see us going through a box of puchi nendoroids.
Out of all the media appearances I've made, this one is the biggest and pretty much covers the entire globe. They cover my work in Tokyo and film me working with one of my clients at their office which also gives them exposure too. The news feature wil also be the first news network to announce a certain thingy ^^; Very much looking forward to this one.
Comrades who are website owners will know that I try my best to channel traffic to their sites instead of attempting to keep everybody behind a silo - will continue to carry out my duty of sharing because sharing is good for everyone.
And then we hit Shibuya for some filming of Japanese Girls ^^;
Need to find a way to easily update the media apperance list which keeps growing ^^;
- CNN (iPhone 3G Tokyo Launch)
- Lily Allen and Friends (UK BBC)
- Weekly Ascii (100 famous folks gadgets)
- Blog TV (Tokyo MX TV)
- News Zero (Nippon TV)
- Akiba Report part1 (Tokyo MX TV)
- Akiba Report part2 (Tokyo MX TV)
- Asamade Nama WonHobby (Good Smile Internet Broadcast)
- Nikkei Sangyo Newspaper (Talking about dannychoo.com and online monetization)
- Weekly Ascii (Japanese Internet publication)
- Windows 100% (Japanese computing publication)
- Monoqlo (I write for this magazine and feature myself ^^;)
- Yahoo Internet Guide (Japanese publication)
- Windows 100% May 2006 (Japanese publication)
- Metropolis (Magazine for gaijin folks in Japan)
- Weekly SPA Jan 15th 2008 (Japanese publication speaking on Second Life)
- Weekly SPA Aug 15th 2007 (Japanese publication speaking on dannychoo.com and online affiliating)
- Monoqlo 2 (Japanese publication)
- Giant Robot Magazine 51 (Asian culture publication)
- Asahi Newspaper (Japanese national newspaper) [li] Yahoo.com top page (my Akiba dance trooper vid was featured)
And the conference so far are...
- Remix Tokyo (Tokyo) (Speaker at Remix 2006 for Microsoft on "Windows Live Gadgets")
- Imprint Culture Lab (Los Angeles) (Speaker at Imprint Culture Lab 2007 on "dannychoo.com & Blog Culture") [li] Trend Day 2008 (Germany) (Speaker on Otaku culture, mirai.fm and dannychoo.com)
Name that JR station.
The lovely Kaho on my to-meet list.
Its the half boiled egg on Pizza time again.
Getting decent shoes in my size in Tokyo is a pain. I'm a UK size 10 and not many places do that size. I had to go all the way to Kichijoji where the head Nike store is just for these trainers. They were about 7,000 yen.
I would have thought that with the change in Japanese eating habits that the lads would have bigger feet by now. Anybody here have the same problem?
I usually get my shoes when I'm overseas. The last batch of shoes I got was from LA last year.
The busy schedule causes me to eat at odd times now and then - fast food to the rescue.
There is something about being in Mc Dees which creates an atmosphere that allows you to easily ponder stuff as you look out the window. I've spoken to many Japanese friends who feel the same too. Maybe Mc Dees are sticking something in the coke ^^;
"It is an outlet for the personal computer. Please use it freely."
Shopping for groceries.
Shop selling second hand stuff which seems to be getting more n more popular. You is being having second hand stuff around the house?
Stuffed animals are not given any dignity over here.
The manga version of Ronald.
Dusting and cleaning before the TV crew arrive ^^;
Mos rice burger and chilli chicken.
Clint Eastwood makes it to Pachinko.
Mikuru Uncho joins me for lunch.
That red shirt is designed for dogs...
As you may have guessed by now, raw or half boiled eggs are part of the Japanese diet. Are you the type who only eats eggs well done? Have you tried raw egg while in Japan?
Scrambled egg okonomi yaki.
Some dessert after an afternoon of coding ^^;
Getting the battery changed after 3 years.
If there is one thing I love about Japan its the roadworks. They always have little men waving their mini light sabers guiding pedestrians and traffic.
You know exactly when the roadworks are going to finish. These guys are going to be finished on the same day at 6PM.
The roadworks back in the UK were terrible. They went on forever and if you peeked in the holes left in the road you would see traffic cones and always newspaper.
The roadworks in Seattle were pretty bad too which also went on forever. Roadworks go on forever in your region or come and go swiftly?
A new Kanu figure - review soon.
New figures arrive every week and seem to be spending more time dusting and figuring out what stays or what goes ^^;
On average, how often do you get a new figure?